Jewish Federation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee seeks an engaging, dynamic, sociable and motivated professional for a part-time position as the Engagement Associate. The Associate will focus on increasing the organization’s engagement with Newcomers and under-engaged people in the Jewish community, to execute engagement programs, and work with community members on creating opportunities for people in the community to connect with each other.
The Associate will work in partnership with both professional colleagues and volunteers to execute the organization’s engagement strategy, utilizing a strong work ethic and commitment to the mission and goals of the Federation. The Associate will report to the Engagement Director.
The position is part time (20 hours a week) and includes some work on weekends and evenings in some circumstances.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the Federation’s Newcomers program. The associate will serve as the liaison for Newcomers in the community, manage the Welcome Ambassador programs, ensure the online visibility of information for newcomers, manage the newcomers’ data.
- Work in collaboration with all the congregations, agencies, and organizations in the Nashville and Middle Tennessee Jewish community, and their membership coordinators, to ensure strong cooperation between the Federation and other organizations regarding Newcomers.
- Carry out at least 5 newcomers’ programs throughout the year such as Newcomers receptions, Shabbat dinners, and more.
- Initiate and manage adult outreach and engagement programs based on the Federation’s
- Work with community members on their program ideas.
- Assist in the execution of Nashville Pride Jewish Community Booth and the Jewish community participation in Pride Parade.
- Assist in creating volunteer programs for the community.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- A passionate and optimistic individual who cares about the growth and progress of the Jewish community, and who inspires other team members to find opportunities to make improvements and strive for excellence.
- A sociable person, who can engage with community member of all ages. A motivational communicator, both written and verbal, who is effective in 1-on-1 and group settings, able to engage with internal and external audiences.
- Self-motivated and results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Knowledge of database systems, social media, and virtual meeting platform.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community.
- Experience managing and developing projects and budgets.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required and advanced degree preferred or equivalent of professional experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in program coordination and/or community engagement.
- Experience working with volunteers particularly in the non-profit sector, strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with one or more database/software (RE NXT/Raiser’s Edge preferred),
social media, and zoom/virtual meeting platform.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Whether temporarily working from home remotely or in the Federation offices, nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment and software. Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files, as well as sitting at a computer desk. Travel by automobile will be required at times. Work performed in a general office environment. The position requires availability for additional hours at various times and regular participation at organizational community events and meetings including nights and weekends. This position does not require lifting of heavy physical objects. This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. With established personnel guidelines, Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee endeavors to provide accommodation for applicants of all abilities. Compensation: Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is part time exempt and offers limited benefits.
Applicants must include a cover letter stating interest in the position, a list of three (3) recent professional references who only will be contacted in case of a candidate being interviewed, and a resume of educational and professional experience. Application should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.